Hello Everyone!!! With school right around the corner I wanted to share with you all some tips that will really help out college freshman and college transfer students.
- When you move into your dorm do not bring too much stuff from home
- Label everything you put in a shared area
- Take the time to get to know your roommates
- Take the max amount of hours that you can (18hr) it will pay off later
- Try to have your classes start early in the morning. It will free up your afternoon
- Try not to take classes that are longer than 50min
- Do not drop classes that you need just because you do not want to take now (it will make it difficult for you later)
- Get out there and talk to your fellow classmates
- Go to all of the functions that the institution host for the first couple weeks
- Go to a party that will be hosted (be careful 9 times out of 10 they get shut down)
- Make sure that you are keeping up with all of your paper work. Some institutions will try to undercut you. Make sure you keep record of who you talk to in any every department. Do not call them to get information. Go and talked to them in person and take notes of what that tell you.
- Make sure that you and your advisor have good communication. It will benefit you greatly when you have to sign up for classes.
- Make sure you and your dorm advisor have good communication in case you have issues with roommates or suitemates.
- Stay on top of you grades and classes. Get as many scholarships as you can. If you put your best foot forward at the beginning and when you get to your final year or semester you could only be taking 12hrs.
Copyright ©2016 AmiableEmpath All Rights Reserved.